Killers & Thrillers
Killers & Thrillers – our opening exhibition featuring more than 50 artists with works ranging from the prehistoric (200 BC!) to now.
Our new home features two stories and 2000 square feet in which we will be presenting wide-ranging exhibitions in fresh and innovative ways.
We are also excited for Kabinett to be a part of the vibrant SoWa Art + Design District – New England's preeminent art community in Boston's South End.
Our inaugural exhibition in this new space features more than 50 artists with works ranging from 200BC to now, including:
- Original concept cover artwork for the sheet music edition of Billy Strayhorn's iconic song "Lush Life," from the collection of Duke Ellington
- An extraordinary collection of improvised shanks assembled by the Warden of Folsom Prison, ca. 1950,
- Portrait of Vincent Van Gogh on his deathbed by his doctor, Paul Gachet,
- Monumental Knife and Brass Knuckle sculptures by Philippe Perrin
- Collection of 1943/44 "Practice Bomb" artworks made by US Army Soldier.
- Works by: Balthus, Henri Matisse, Kiki Smith, George Grosz, Dana Schutz, Paul Gauguin, Man Ray, Robert Longo, Pablo Picasso, John Lennon, Marlene Dumas, Mathew Barney, Marina Abromovic, James Rosenquist, Bruce Weber, Jeannie Weissglass, Doug Henders, Lars Kremer, Michael Dolen, Stacey Dolen, Lowell Boyers, Peter Cohen and Jeff Quinn and more!
We look forward to sharing more exciting updates and events upcoming in our new SoWa home!